Bovine ECGF (Crude Extract, cell culture grade)
Slide this table
|Biological Activity||Optimum concentration for human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVEC) range from 50-200 µg/ml, optimal concentration with heparin (30 µg/ml) is about 12 µg/ml.|
|Species Reactivity||human cells, mouse cells, rat cells, cattle cells, pig cells|
|Reconstitution||Reconstitute the contents of the vial in 2 ml of prewarmed (37°C) sterile PBS or water. Gently rotate the vial until the contents are dissolved. This stock solution may be further diluted in sterile tissue culture media to obtain the desired working concentrations. It is recommended that medium containing diluted product is aseptically filtered prior to use.|
|Stability and Storage||Also stable at 4°C for several weeks it is recommended to store the product below 0°C. After reconstitution the product should be stored in aliquots at -20°C to -70°C.|
|Application Remarks||Can be used for endothelial cell cultivation.|
|Synonyms||Endothelial cell growth factor (ECGF); Endothelial cell growth supplement (ECGS)|
|Description||Endothelial cell growth factor (ECGF) is an extract of bovine brain containing growth promoting factors for vascular endothelial cells of mammalian origin. ECGF has also been reported to be beneficial as a media supplement for the fusion and growth of hybridoma cells in monoclonal antibody production. Endothelial cell growth factor is prepared using a modification of the method of Maciag, et al. (1979) lyophilized from a sterile solution containing NaCl and streptomycin sulfate. Endothelial cells from human umbilical vein (HUVEC) can be established as primary cultures by traditional methods. The serial propagation of these cells has proved to be difficult. The long-term propagation of these cells in vitro can be achieved with an extract prepared from bovine brain. The introduction of a fibronectin or collagen matrix to the cell culture system allows to cultivate endothelial cells at clonal densities. With ECGF, the FCS requirement can be reduced. Heparin potentiates the mitogenic activity of crude preparations of ECGF. ECGF has also been reported to eliminate the need for feeder cells in the clonal growth of hybridomas and other cell types.|
- Pharmacological Characterization of the Microsomal Prostaglandin E2 Synthase-1 Inhibitor AF3485 In Vitro and In Vivo. L. Di Francesco et al., Front Pharmacol. 2020; 11: 374.
- PDGFRA defines the mesenchymal stem cell Kaposi’s sarcoma progenitors by enabling KSHV oncogenesis in an angiogenic environment. J. Naipauer et al., PLoS Pathog. 2019 Dec; 15(12): e1008221.
- Platelet extracellular vesicles induce a pro-inflammatory smooth muscle cell phenotype. T. Vajen et al., J Extracell Vesicles. 2017; 6(1): 1322454.
- Endothelial progenitor cells are differentially impaired in ANCA-associated vasculitis compared to healthy controls. B. Wilde et al., Arthritis Res Ther. 2016; 18: 147.
- Mouse lung contains endothelial progenitors with high capacity to form blood and lymphatic vessels. J. Schniedermann et al., BMC Cell Biol. 2010; 11: 50.
All prices plus VAT + possible delivery charges