Slide this table
|Purity Confirmation||> 98% by SDS-PAGE|
|Molecular Weight||21.1 kDa|
|N Terminal Sequence||MAPVPPGE|
|Endotoxin Levels||< 0.1 ng per µg (IEU/µg) of rh IL-6|
|Biological Activity||The ED50 as determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of murine hybridoma B9 cells is in the range of ≤ 10 - 25 pg/ml.|
|Reconstitution||The lyophilized IL-6 should be reconstituted in water to a concentration not less than 100µg/ml. This solution can be diluted into other buffered solutions or stored at -20 °C for future use.|
|Stability and Storage||The lyophilized IL-6, though stable at room temperature, is best stored desiccated below 0 °C. Reconstituted IL-6 should be stored in working aliquots at -20 °C.|
|Synonyms||IL6; HGF; HSF; BSF2; IL-6; IFNB2|
|Description||Interleukin 6 (IL-6) is a pleiotropic α-helical cytokine that plays important roles in acute phase reactions, inflammation, hematopoiesis, bone metabolism, and cancer progression. IL-6 activity is essential for the transition from acute inflammation to either acquired immunity or chronic inflammatory disease. It is secreted by multiple cell types as a 22 kDa-28 kDa phosphorylated and variably glycosylated molecule. Mature human IL6 is 183 amino acids (aa) in length and shares 41% aa sequence identity with mouse and rat IL-6. Alternate splicing generates several isoforms with internal deletions, some of which exhibit antagonistic properties. Human IL6 is equally active on mouse and rat cells. IL-6 induces signaling through a cell surface heterodimeric receptor complex composed of a ligand binding subunit (IL6 R) and a signal transducing subunit (gp130). IL-6 binds to IL-6 R, triggering IL-6 R association with gp130 and gp130 dimerization. Soluble forms of IL-6 R are generated by both alternate splicing and proteolytic cleavage. In a mechanism known as trans-signaling, complexes of soluble IL-6 and IL-6 R elicit responses from gp130expressing cells that lack cell surface IL-6 R. Trans-signaling enables a wider range of cell types to respond to IL-6, as the expression of gp130 is ubiquitous, while that of IL-6 R is predominantly restricted to hepatocytes, leukocytes, and lymphocytes. Soluble splice forms of gp130 block trans-signaling from IL-6/ IL-6 R but not from other cytokines that utilize gp130 as a co-receptor.|
- Hepatic heparan sulfate is a master regulator of hepcidin expression and iron homeostasis in human hepatocytes and mice. Poli M et al., J Biol Chem. 2019 Sep 6;294(36):13292-13303.
- Shmt2: A Stat3 Signaling New Player in Prostate Cancer Energy Metabolism. I. Marrocco et al., Cells. 2019 Sep 6;8(9).
- STAT3 Post-Translational Modifications Drive Cellular Signaling Pathways in Prostate Cancer Cells. Cocchiola R et al., Int J Mol Sci. 2019 Apr 12;20(8).
- EF24 Suppresses Cholangiocellular Carcinoma Progression, Inhibits STAT3 Phosphorylation, and Induces Apoptosis via ROS-Mediated Oxidative Stress. S. Bisht et al., J Oncol. 2019 Mar 4;2019:8701824.
- Interactions between the Aggregatibacter actinomycetemcomitans secretin HofQ and host cytokines indicate a link between natural competence and interleukin-8 uptake. Ahlstrand T et al., Virulence. 2018;9(1):1205-1223.
- Heparanase Overexpression Reduces Hepcidin Expression, Affects Iron Homeostasis and Alters the Response to Inflammation. Asperti M et al, PLoS One. 2016 Oct 6;11(10):e0164183.
- Oversulfated heparins with low anticoagulant activity are strong and fast inhibitors of hepcidin expression in vitro and in vivo. Poli M et al., Biochem Pharmacol. 2014 Dec 1;92(3):467-75.
- Ex Vivo Expansion of Functional Human UCB-HSCs/HPCs by Coculture with AFT024-hkirre Cells. Muti ur Rehman Khan et al., Biomed Res Int. 2014; 2014: 412075.
- Glycol-split nonanticoagulant heparins are inhibitors of hepcidin expression in vitro and in vivo. M. Poli et al, Blood. 2014 Mar 6; 123(10): 1564–1573.
- Cocultivation of umbilical cord blood CD34+ cells with retro-transduced hMSCs leads to effective amplification of long-term culture-initiating cells. Chun-Gang Xie et al., World J Gastroenterol. 2006 Jan 21; 12(3): 393–402.
All prices plus VAT + possible delivery charges