Rabbit Anti-Mouse Podoplanin
Slide this table
|Clone Nr.||Rabbit IgG|
|Reconstitution||Centrifuge vial prior to opening. Reconstitute in sterile water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml.|
|Stability and Storage||The lyophilized antibody is stable for at least 2 years at -20°C. After sterile reconstitution the antibody is stable at 2-8°C for up to 6 months. Frozen aliquots are stable for at least 6 months when stored at -20°C. Addition of a carrier protein or 50% glycerol is recommended for frozen aliquots.|
|Antigen||Recombinant mouse soluble Podoplanin (RT #S01-M46),|
|Synonyms||Pdpn; T1a; Gp38; OTS-8; T1alpha; RANDAM-2; T1-alpha|
|Description||Podoplanin, also known as glycoprotein 38 (gp38), PA2.26 antigen, T1alpha (T1A), and aggrus, is a 38 kDa type I transmembrane sialoglycoprotein and member of the podoplanin family. Podoplanin is synthesized as a 172 amino acid (aa) precursor with a 22 aa signal sequence, a 119 aa extracellular domain (ECD), a 21 aa transmembrane region, and a short, 10 aa cytoplasmic tail. The ECD contains abundant Ser/Thr residues as potential sites for Oglycosylation, and the cytoplasmic region contains putative sites for kinase C and cAMP phosphorylation. Mouse Podoplanin shares 77% and 46% aa sequence identity with rat and human Podoplanin, respectively. Podoplanin is expressed on glomerular epithelial cells (podocytes), type I lung alveolar cells, lymphatic endothelial cells, and on numerous tumors including colorectal tumors, squamous cell carcinomas, testicular seminoma, and brain tumors. One study shows high expression of Podoplanin mRNA in placenta, lung, skeletal muscle, and heart, and weaker levels in brain, kidney, and liver. Podoplanin is the ligand for Ctype lectin like receptor 2 (CLEC2). Their association is dependent on sialic acid on Oglycans of Podoplanin. Podoplanin is also necessary for lymphatic vessel formation, normal lung cell proliferation and alveolus formation at birth.|
- Characterization of a Murine Model of Oxazolone-Induced Orbital Inflammation. D. Amarnani et al, Transl Vis Sci Technol. 2020 Jul; 9(8): 26.
- Inhibition of lymphatic proliferation by the selective VEGFR-3 inhibitor SAR131675 ameliorates diabetic nephropathy in db/db mice. Hwang SD et al., Cell Death Dis. 2019 Mar 4;10(3):219.
- Identification of genes regulating migration and invasion using a new model of metastatic prostate cancer. J. Banyard et al., BMC Cancer. 2014; 14: 387.
- The effect of podoplanin inhibition on lymphangiogenesis under pathological conditions. Y. Maruyama et al., Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014 Jul 1;55(8):4813-22.
- POTENTIAL THERAPEUTIC STRATEGIES FOR LYMPHATIC METASTASIS. B. M. M. Zwaans and D. R. Bielenberg, Microvasc Res. 2007;74(2-3): 145–158.
All prices plus VAT + possible delivery charges