Rabbit Anti-Human Podoplanin
Slide this table
|Clone Nr.||Rabbit IgG|
|Reconstitution||Centrifuge vial prior to opening. Reconstitute in sterile water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml.|
|Stability and Storage||The lyophilized antibody is stable for at least 2 years at -20°C. After sterile reconstitution the antibody is stable at 2-8°C for up to 6 months. Frozen aliquots are stable for at least 6 months when stored at -20°C. Addition of a carrier protein or 50% glycerol is recommended for frozen aliquots.|
|Antigen||Recombinant human Podoplanin (RT #S01-046)|
|Application||WB, IHC, IP|
|Synonyms||PDPN; T1A; GP36; GP40; Gp38; OTS8; T1A-2; AGGRUS; HT1A-1; PA2.26|
|Description||Podoplanin, also known as glycoprotein 36 (gp36), PA2.26 antigen, T1alpha (T1A), and aggrus, is a 36 kDa type I transmembrane sialoglycoprotein and member of the Podoplanin family. Podoplanin has three potential splice variants, the longest of which is represented by a 238 amino acid (aa) precursor (NP_006465). It contains an undefined signal sequence, a 22 aa transmembrane segment (aa 207-228) and a short cytoplasmic tail (aa 229-238). The ECD contains abundant Ser/Thr residues that could serve as potential Olinked glycosolation sites. The cytoplasmic tail contains putative sites for protein kinase C phosphorylation. There are two potential alternate start sites at Met 77 (Swiss Prot #: Q86YL7) and Met 119 (EAW51692) that generate short forms. The 162 aa short form Podoplanin precursor shares 47% aa identity with mouse Podoplanin. Podoplanin is expressed on glomerular epithelial cells (podocytes), type I lung alveolar cells, lymphatic endothelial cells, and numerous tumors, including colorectal tumors, squamous cell carcinomas, testicular seminoma, and brain tumors. One study shows high expression of Podoplanin mRNA in placenta, lung, skeletal muscle, and heart, and weaker levels in brain, kidney, and liver (1). Podoplanin is the ligand for Ctype lectin-like receptor 2 (CLEC2). Their association is dependent on sialic acid on Oglycans of Podoplanin. Through its association with CLEC2, Podoplanin induces platelet aggregation and tumor metastasis. Podoplanin is also necessary for lymphatic vessel formation, normal lung cell proliferation and alveolus formation at birth.|
- Engineering Blood and Lymphatic Microvascular Networks in Fibrin Matrices. L. Knezevic et al., Front Bioeng Biotechnol. 2017; 5: 25.
- Isolation and Characterization of Human Lung Lymphatic Endothelial Cells. B. Lorusso et al., Biomed Res Int. 2015; 2015: 747864.
- Altered regulation of Prox1-gene-expression in liver tumors. J. Dudas et al., BMC Cancer. 2008; 8: 92.
- Lymphatic reprogramming of microvascular endothelial cells by CEA-related cell adhesion molecule-1 via interaction with VEGFR-3 and Prox1. N. Kilic et al., Blood. 2007 Dec 15;110(13):4223-33.
- Tumor lymphangiogenesis in inflammatory breast carcinoma: a histomorphometric study. I. Van der Auwera et al., Clin Cancer Res. 2005 Nov 1;11(21):7637-42.
All prices plus VAT + possible delivery charges