Human VEGFR-1 ELISA (soluble)
Slide this table
|Formulation||box containing complete ELISA set|
|Synonyms||soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1; soluble FLT1; soluble FLT; soluble VEGF receptor 1|
|Description||The kit recognizes human VEGFR1 (vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1, fms-like tyrosine kinase 1, FLT1) and the antibodies are directed against the extracellular domain and can recognize both membrane-bound and soluble forms of VEGFR1, with approximate molecular weights of 180 kDa and 90 kDa, respectively. Mice lacking expression of VEGFR1 have disorganized vasculature and die in utero, however angiogenesis does not require the tyrosine kinase activity of VEGFR1 as expression of a membrane-bound form lacking the tyrosine kinase domain allows normal development. Although fertile and viable, mice lacking the tyrosine kinase domain of VEGFR1 do have a defect in the migration of macrophages. The soluble form of VEGFR1 can be detected in the serum of normal patients, and elevated levels of soluble VEGFR1 in pregnant women is associated with preeclampsia. Several tumor cell lines have been reported to express membrane-bound VEGFR1, including malignancies of hematopoietic origin. For research use only. Not for diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.|
- Inducible Overexpression of sFlt-1 in Podocytes Ameliorates Glomerulopathy in Diabetic Mice. Ching-Hsin Ku et al., Diabetes. 2008 Oct; 57(10): 2824–2833.
- Soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 (sFLT-1) mediates downregulation of FLT-1 and prevents activated neutrophils from women with preeclampsia from additional migration by VEGF. O. Krysiak et al., Circ Res. 2005 Dec 9;97(12):1253-61.
- Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and soluble VEGF receptor FLT-1 in diabetic nephropathy. N.H. Kim et al., Kidney Int. 2005 Jan;67(1):167-77.
- Regulation of soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor (sFlt-1/sVEGFR-1) expression and release in endothelial cells by human follicular fluid and granulosa cells. R. Gruemmer et al., Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2005; 3: 57.
- Elevated placental soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 inhibits angiogenesis in preeclampsia. Shakil Ahmad and Asif Ahmed, Circ Res. 2004 Oct 29;95(9):884-91.
- Adenoviral delivery of soluble VEGF receptor 1 (sFlt-1) abrogates disease activity in murine collagen-induced arthritis. A.O. Afuwape et al., Gene Ther. 2003 Nov;10(23):1950-60.
- Inhibition of retinal neovascularisation by gene transfer of soluble VEGF receptor sFlt-1. J.W. Bainbridge et al., Gene Ther. 2002 Mar;9(5):320-6.
All prices plus VAT + possible delivery charges